This internationally recognised business are at the forefront of their category in the UK today. They are looking for a Specifications & Legal Compliance Manager who can support the development and delivery of first to market product ranges.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you’ll be a key figure in maintaining exemplary standards of food safety through the development and implementation of robust quality management systems.
• Assisting the Technical Manager to ensure compliance with customer and legislation requirements, communicating and implementing any changes in a timely manner whilst updating relevant procedures and documentation.
• Supporting all site teams during internal and third party audits, maintaining an ‘audit ready’ status at all times by analysing and resolving non-conformances as well as troubleshooting potential risks to prevent and reduce issues.
• Liaising with multiple teams including technical, procurement and supply chain to enhance supplier compliance, driving QA and continuous improvement initiatives across the supply base to satisfy legislative and customer needs.
• Co-ordinating and participating in product panels including microbiological tests, updating systems to spot trends and out of specification results and applying corrective actions in line with company and customer schedules.
• Providing technical support including detailed information on process changes and codes of practice, building relationships with customers and colleagues alike to ensure continued confidence in product performance to surpass industry standards
Management of the Specifications Technologist and ensuring all specifications are completed in a timely fashion.
Suit a Food Science or Technology graduate who has previous experience in a similar technical compliance role within a food manufacturing environment. Knowledge of Food Hygiene and HACCP is essential as is experience of handling non-conformances and ensuring corrective actions are effective. You will also need to have outstanding communication skills as you will liaise regularly with internal teams at all business levels. Excellent organisational skills coupled with a methodical approach and keen eye for detail are essential, and a strong level of computer literacy is also crucial for data analysis and trend reporting. You’ll have previous experience of internal and external specification systems.
If you are passionate about food and looking to utilise your technical knowledge within a dynamic food company then apply now or call our team on 0345 2600 737 for more information.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful. Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.